Monday, June 22, 2009

L-O-V-E

If there is one thing that I've been hearing a lot it is about love. Especially during February (and we are not even on February!), this is a topic that is in the air (you know, "love is in the air"). Sometimes, we heard about it too much and we don't even realize how essential this matter is. Just last week, my mom asked me to speak at her small group on this topic and she handed me a booklet that they are following through. Man, it was a good refresh about the topic!

In Mark 12, Jesus speaks about the two greatest commandments: to love God and to love our neighbor. The reason why these are the two greatest commandments are because they summarize the law that was given to Moses. I don't really know how many commandments were given to him, but I know there were hundreds and hundreds; yet, Jesus summarizes all those hundreds in only 2!

If we love God we won't act against Him. In the same way, if we love our neighbor, we won't harm them. It's as easy as that, yet we sometimes struggle to love each other. We are just not perfect.

It's very hard to love everyone, but when we realize that we have been loved with an unmeasurable love there is no other way. I know, I'm probably number one on the list for not loving as I should, but the key is trying. So, let's try everyday.

No comments: